Robots joined were Isoko Rescue, YASHIGANI, Stallone, Metalic Bio, Petit-Kanikan, Yabusame, BLACK TIGER L45, Tic-Tac, WaniWani and RT Isoko. All multi-legged robots were custum-built robots.
Isoko Rescue, 6-Legged Robot by Obana-san
YASHIGANI, 6-Legged Robot by Azusa-san
Stallone, 6-Legged Robot with KCB-3WL, Wireless LAN Board for Hobby Robot from KONDO, by Noborizaka-san
Metalic Bio, 6-Legged Robot by Morinaga-san
Petit-Kanikan, 6-Legged Robot by Kamiya-san
Yabusame, 4-Legged Robot by mota
BLACK TIGER L45, Anoumalous 5-Legged Robot by IKETOMU
Tic-Tac, 6-Legged Robot by Amino-san
WaniWani, 4-Legged Robot by KENTA
RT Isoko, 6-Legged Robot by Suzuki-san
Regulations of the Multi-Legged Robot Obstacle Race which was reviced on 22 Dec were as follows.
1. Robot body regulation
1) KONDO servos have to be used.
2) There is no limitation of number of axes.
3) Weight of Robot is 3 k g or under.
4) Robot body size (arms are folding) are height 30 cm, width 30cm and depth 30 cm or under.
5) Moving by wheels is prohibited.
6) Control board is free.
7) Robot has to be controled by wireless or autonomus. Wired control is prohibited.
2. Course regulation
1) Obstacles are set in the KONDO CUP KHR Class Soccer Field.
2) The most narrow width of the course is 400 mm and the lowest height of the course is 400 mm.
3) Material of the floor depends on each obstacle.
3. Competition regulation
1) Just one robot tries the course.
2) Time from the start point to goal is recorded. The shotest time robot is winner.
3) Each robot can try the course twice.
4) Robot has to reach the goal within 3 mins and the time over robot is retired.
5) Robot gone out of the course gets penalty time 10 seconds. Penalty time add to the record of 3 minutes. Robot can restart the entrance of uncleared obstraction. There are no limitation of restart times. Every restart adds 10 sec penalty time.
6) At the 2nd attraction, robot push out the moving wall has a penalty time 10 seconds. The magic wall push out is not returned to the obstraction place.
KONDO LAND Attraction Guide
Various kinds of 6 obstacles set in the race course are as follows;
The 1st attraction : `Gattan` Seesaw
A big seesaw, which size are 500 mm in width and 700 mm in length with an inclination of 15 degrees.
The steep slope is not easy for every robot. It is important for robot not to slip feet.
Degree of Difficulty：★☆☆☆☆
The 2nd attraction: Magic Wall
A road, which size are 600 mm width and 1,000 mm in length with 2 pushing robots. Magic Walll is hard for light weight robots. Robot needs weight and power for push out the Wall.
Degree of Difficulty：★★☆☆☆
The 3rd Attraction: Mootan House
A big tunnel, which size are 1,200 mm width and 1,200 mm length with a pitfall (400 x 400 mm). Robots fallen into the trap, cannot return the race course. Controler can not see his robot in the Mootan House from controling space. Controler can move by the advice of his assistant. Robot can be attached wireless camera and be controled through image on PC.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★☆☆
The 4th attraction: Wobbly Bridge
A Board Bridge, which size are 400 mm width and 700 mm length, revolves on an axis. If robots walk the edge of bridge, robots fall down from the bridge. Robots have to walk slowly in the center of board. Robot needs to have a low gravity.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★★☆
The 5th attraction: Swirling Straits
Robot fallen down from the pitfall of Mootan House, has to pass through the most difficult Swirling Straits. Space of 900 mm width and 1,000 mm length, filled with sponge balls is too hard to walk. Robots need to have long legs.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★★★
The 6th attraction: Reverse Street
Belt conveyor street of 500 mm width and 700 mm is moving reverse direction. Robot has to walk with high speed. The converyor is too narrow to walk for big robots.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★★★
The 1st KONDO LAND Multi-Legged Robot Obstacle Race Results
There was no robot cleared the obstracle course. The 1st place was Isoko Rescue which cleared the most difficult Wooby Bridge, the 2nd place was Stallone which also cleared Wooby Bridge and was controled through attached camera all course. The 3rd palce was Tic-Tac which cleared difficult Swirling Straits. The MVP was Yabusame because of its cool 4-Legged structure. The result was described here. Time trial was carried out twice. The best race video of each robot was uploaded.
1) Isoko Rescue, 6-Legged Robot by Obana-san, cleared Gattan Seesaw, Magic Wall, Mootan House and Woobby Bridge, got the 1st place of the 1st KONDO LAND Multi-Legged Obstacle Race. Time trial 2nd.
2) YASHIGANI, 6-Legged Robot by Azusa-san, cleared Gattan Seesaw, Magic Wall and Mootan House. Time trial 2nd. Heavy robot 1.8 kg with 18 axses.
3) Stallone, 6-Legged Robot with KCB-3WL, New Wireless LAN Board for Hobby Robot from KONDO, by Noborizaka-san, cleared Gattan Seesaw, Magic Wall, Mootan House and Woobby Bridge, got the 2nd place of the 1st KONDO LAND Multi-Legged Obstacle Race. Noborizaka-san controled his robot through camera all of the course. Time trial 2nd.
4) Metalic Bio, 6-Legged Robot by Morinaga-san, cleared Gattan Seesaw, Magic Wall and Mootan House. Time trial 1st.
5) Petit-Kanikan, 6-Legged Robot by Kamiya-san, cleared Gattan Seesaw. Time trial 2nd.
6) Yabusame, 4-Legged Robot by mota, cleared Gattan Seesaw and Magic Wall. Time trial 2nd. The MVP robot of the competition because of its cool 4-legged structure.
7) BLACK TIGER L45, Anoumalous 5-Legged Robot by IKETOMU, cleared Gattan Seesaw and Magic Wall. Time trial 1st. The most heavy robot, 1.9 kg with 16 axses.
8) Tic-Tac, 6-Legged Robot by Amino-san, cleared Gattan Seesaw, Magic Wall and Swirling Straits, got 3rd place of the 1st KONDO LAND Multi-Legged Robot Obstacle Race. The robot moves with just 6 servoes. Time trial 1st.
9) WaniWani, 4-Legged Robot by KENTA, cleared Gattan Seesaw, Magic Wall and Mootan House. Time trial 1st. The most pretty robot of joined robots, which has a tail. `Wani` in Japanese means crocodile or alligator.
10) RT Isoko, 6-Legged Robot by Suzuki-san, cleared Gattan Seesaw. Time trial 2nd.
Details of the competition were described Sanzai-san`s blog(in Japanese). Promotion of the 1st KONDO LAND competition was describe in this blog. Lem-san also reported the details in his blog (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7) .
Last count 9475